Sunday, March 15, 2009

home sweet home

Greetings all from the new land of Motherhood. It has been quite an interesting last 3 days, and I'm just starting to catch up on all the e-mails, text messages, etc. from all. Bob, Mary and I thank you dearly!

So here's a quick summary, though Aunt Kim did a great job of standing in while I was slightly busy! Checked into the hospital on Thursday morning. And no, I was not a fan of the IV and spinal block. I'm choosing not to relive any of that for you all except to say that Summer, the Nurse, very much deserves a raise.

If you've been following this, you know that my doc went to college with me. So Dr. Jeff is cracking jokes with me as he's slicing and dicing, which is the best way to distract me! "First foot... second foot..." Baby came out legs first, so I had to make a soccer crack. After head comes out, he says "Well I hate to break it to you, but she's got red hair." Made me VERY happy. Everything was kinda a whirlwind after that. She was weighed, measured, cleaned, etc. I was cleaned up and stiched/stapled, and taken to recovery. I don't remember a good chunk of that part -- I believe someone gave me more happy drugs to assist! He very much deserves a raise as well.

We're home now, and trying to adjust to a house that is ruled by a girl under 6 pounds. Amazing how much power she has! And the other little man here, Orbit the Wondercat, is a bit confused and doesn't know what to do. He gave me some well-deserved love when I came into the bedroom. But boy did things change after Mary started crying. Boy things are going to get interesting...

No comments: