Monday, July 9, 2012

meet erin and jack, part 1

So yes... the twinkies are here and I haven't posted a single blog post. And if you have to ask WHY I haven't posted anything, than you obviously have not ever been around twin infants. Good God these things were not made for the weak of heart!

So let's start the day before... Thursday, June 14. We tried to take one last round of belly bump photos, but by the time we did, Mary Beth was over it. So no bump photos. But certainly some belly ones! Total weight gain: 50 pounds.



Needless to say, I was very much over being pregnant and ready to meet the twinkies. So Friday, June 15 at 530 am, we headed to the hospital for a date with Dr. Jeff.

I'm happy to report that I did not cry when they gave me my IV. Nor did I scream bloody murder when they gave me the spinal. Perhaps I'm getting used to this whole giving-birth-thing. And just in the nick of time, because this shop is officially closed now!

I don't remember how many people were actually in the operating room, but after a while I actually felt lonely there all by myself when everyone else was poking, prodding, cleaning and taking care of the twins. Hello! I'm over here!!!

So here are the details:

BABY A: Erin Marie Francisco
5 pounds, 5 ounces
8:05 am

BABY B: Jackson (Jack) Keith Francisco
6 pounds, 12 ounces
8:06 am
This photo is eerily similar to one Kim took of Mary Beth when she was born...
though without the breech legs.

Coming up in part 2... Mary Beth, the big sister, meets her siblings!




No comments: