Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I SWEAR he knows...

Well so much for getting to write over the weekend. I took advantage of not working and had some major Orbit-the-Wondercat bonding time while relaxing in bed. More on that later...

Then, we needed to go grab a few things for Tropical Storm Fay that was heading our way. The thought of being in the 8th floor of a condo without electricity or food is quite scary. So even though we were pretty sure it wasn't going to hit (it didn't!), we still went through the motions. Better safe than sorry.

So. It's been incredible to keep this secret, and we may not make it to the end of September before we tell people. But, I SWEAR there is one family member who has figured it out. ORBIT. Seriously, I think he even knew before I did! He was starting to act strange around me, and I just figured it was him being moody. Damn Siamese cats. Anyway, he seriously stopped sitting or laying with me. Would jump up on the bed and walk right across me to Bob. Would avoid me like the plague. I swear he knows.

Makes sense, actually. I've had him for 12 years now, longer than Bob and I have even known each other, and people say animals can pick up on things. Maybe I'm emitting a pregnancy pheromone that only cats can smell. :-)

In any case, staying with him on Saturday, and then again Tuesday morning when we delayed work due to the storm, seemed to do the trick. He loves me again.

Just wait until I start to kick him off my stomach. That's not gonna go well. Poor little bugger...

No comments: