Saturday, September 12, 2009

half a year?!?!

Dear Mary Beth,

Six months?! Really? You're a whole half of a year old today. Six months ago today I terrorized some poor nurse who had the unfortunate job of giving me an i.v. and holding me in place when they gave me a spinal. Poor girl didn't know what she was getting herself into... Then before we knew it, Dr. Jeff was holding you and introducing you to the world. And our lives haven't been the same since.

You REALLY like to roll over now. In fact, I have to be careful with you when we're getting you ready for a bath. You tend to roll over off the bathmat and towards the toilet... Although you love the swing at daycare, you tend not to be a big fan of the one here at home. Not sure what that's all about, but you will tolerate it if you're watching Baby Einstein -- which I call Baby Crack. You're developing into more and more of a character each day. You love when I pretend to bite your tummy, and giggle and smile whenever your Dad lifts you up and down.

Drives to see Auntie Kim in San Antonio are not as much fun since you won't sleep for the entire drive anymore, but the new portable DVD player for Baby Einstein makes it a little better. And even after crying during the drive, you still gave Auntie Kim and Uncle Matt a big hug. In fact, you rolled across the couch to snuggle up next to Matt to watch football! We drove down there to make an appearance at the draft for your Grandpa Phil's Fantasy Football League. Your grandpa would have absolutely LOVED to see you there wearing your TOUCHDOWN onesie. And when you grabbed and hugged Carol -- well, I know your grandpa told you to do that. It made her smile on a day when we all needed that!

I kept promising you that I'd finally get you baptised, and I hope I don't jinx this but we now have it planned (again!) for the weekend of November 7-8. YEA!!! It's also Alumni Weekend, so we'll be going down to Trinity Saturday morning to meet the soccer team. Your mommy is supposed to play in the game. We'll see if that happens. If it does, you may have to help Daddy massage out my sore muscles...

Thank you for being such a cutie! We love you, Baby Love!

Love,
Mom and Dad

No comments: