Tuesday, May 19, 2009

it hurt mommy more...

Or at least we think it did.

This morning was Mary Beth's two month appointment where they gave her the first round of immunizations. Although she pleaded with Auntie Kim to come kidnap her so she didn't have to get them, she was a trooper. Bob and I watched, and I held her hand, as she received two shots in one leg and one in the other. After the first shot she was still OK. Or looked like it at least. When the second was about to go in, her face went from white to a dark shade of red and she let out a scream that, well, I'm sure rivaled the scream my parents heard from me! Of all the things we wanted her to inherit...

But after the third shot, and the oral vaccine that was given before, we held her and she didn't cry for too long. Which is a good thing because she has these sad, sad crying eyes that would make me buy her the world if I could to make everything better. We came home, ate, and then she slept on me for 3 hours. Yes, I spoiled her. Yes, I would do it again. After eating, I'm trying to see if she can stay awake and see if she has any side effects. So far so good.

As you can see below, she has a new toy. When we were in Minnesota, Uncle Duane gave us a gift card and said we could buy her some clothes. Well, she needed this more than clothes right now. She LOVES the mirror and kicking the whale. And tummy time is fun, she says.

Here's to a good rest of the day...

1 comment:

Loren said...

Nathan has the same activity mat! His best friend is in the mirror, or sometimes on the ceiling fan.